The Theta Tau chapter, which has initiated over 700 brothers, was originally chartered on May 13th, 1950, but lost its charter in 2003. An extension effort was started Fall 2011. In the summer of June 2012, a Petitioning Group was formed. The eternal flame of service was re-ignited at the University of Texas at Arlington on August 18th,2013 when we were re-charted as an active chapter. The Gamma Kappa chapter at Texas Christian University held the re-chartering ceremony.